Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
The online Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program from MCPHS University builds upon students' master's degrees in nursing and prepares them to work directly with individuals or families with psychiatric disorders, providing expert care, support, and compassion. Students gain a firm foundation in the diagnosis and management of conditions such as:
- Other psychiatric problems
Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the Family Nurse/Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification examination given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Ability to attend three required on site (MCPHS-Worcester) residencies
- A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program by either Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- A post-graduate grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better
- A minimum of five years of full-time RN employment prior to the program start date
- A minimum of two years (of the five) experience as an RN in mental health nursing or MSN prepared faculty with teaching experience in psychiatric disorders
- A current unencumbered license to practice nursing in the jurisdiction where experiential learning will occur
- Current American Heart Association Certification for Healthcare Providers in CPR (BLS)
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is a four-year private school located in Boston, Massachusetts. The College was founded by pharmacists in 1823, which makes it the oldest institution of higher education in the entire city of Boston and the second-oldest college of pharmacy in the United States. The online campus provides online courses that students can take from home and have a course experience that is similar to on-campus instruction. Online courses utilized discussion boards, voice/video enabled sessions, and email access.
MCPHS is one of the few private, freestanding colleges in the United States specializing in the education of health professionals. The school offers certificates of completion, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctor’s degrees.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.