Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
The online Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program from MCPHS University builds upon students' master's degrees in nursing and prepares them to work directly with individuals or families with psychiatric disorders, providing expert care, support, and compassion. Students gain a firm foundation in the diagnosis and management of conditions such as:
- Other psychiatric problems
Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the Family Nurse/Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification examination given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$930.00
Out of State Rate:$930.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$28,830.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$28,830.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Ability to attend three required on site (MCPHS-Worcester) residencies
- A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program by either Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- A post-graduate grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better
- A minimum of five years of full-time RN employment prior to the program start date
- A minimum of two years (of the five) experience as an RN in mental health nursing or MSN prepared faculty with teaching experience in psychiatric disorders
- A current unencumbered license to practice nursing in the jurisdiction where experiential learning will occur
- Current American Heart Association Certification for Healthcare Providers in CPR (BLS)
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.