Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Family Nurse Practitioner
The online Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Family Nurse Practitioner program from MCPHS University is designed for nurses who are interested in becoming eligible for the national certification and advance practice licensure as a family nurse practitioner. The program helps students diagnose and manage common primary care problems through assessments, decision-making reasoning processes, and health maintenance. Graduates are prepared to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification Exam and practice in a variety of settings such as community health clinics, general practice clinics, and more.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Ability to attend two required on site (MCPHS-Worcester) residencies
- A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program by either Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- A post-graduate grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better
- One year of full-time RN employment prior to the program start date
- A valid nursing license in the state in which you intend to complete your clinical experience
- Current American Heart Association Certification for Healthcare Providers in CPR (BLS)
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is a four-year private school located in Boston, Massachusetts. The College was founded by pharmacists in 1823, which makes it the oldest institution of higher education in the entire city of Boston and the second-oldest college of pharmacy in the United States. The online campus provides online courses that students can take from home and have a course experience that is similar to on-campus instruction. Online courses utilized discussion boards, voice/video enabled sessions, and email access.
MCPHS is one of the few private, freestanding colleges in the United States specializing in the education of health professionals. The school offers certificates of completion, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctor’s degrees.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.