Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
McKendree University's online RN to BSN degree completion program helps to prepare students as generalists in the nursing practice. The coursework enhances the registered nurse's previous education by developing skills such as assessing patients, planning care, and implementing plans of action. Throughout the course of the program, students improve their ability to care for individual patients by broadening their knowledge of disease processes and therapeutic nursing interventions. Coursework combines basic principles of health promotion with applicable skills in holistic health assessments to give students all the tools they need to succeed in a variety of settings, including:
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
- Home Health
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Hospice Agencies
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 120 credits are required, including transfer and major requirements.
- May transfer up to 90 eligible credit hours
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- Application for admission to the university as a transfer student
- Application for admission to the Division of Nursing
- Active unencumbered license as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Proof of immunizations or appropriate titers against Tdap, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, and influenza
- TB skin test or chest x-ray results
- Successfully completed state background check in all states of residence for the past seven years
McKendree University is a four-year private school located in Lebanon, Illinois. The school was formed by pioneer Methodists and is still affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Established in 1828, McKendree University is the oldest college in Illinois.
McKendree University offers certificates of completion, associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctor’s degrees. McKendree University is made up of the following academic schools:
- College of Arts and Science
- School of Business
- School of Nursing and Health Professions
- School of Education
Classes are offered during the daytime, evening, and weekend. McKendree University offers online bachelor's and master's degree programs. Online classes begin every 8 weeks. All courses are designed by our campus faculty and pass a rigorous review of their peers.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.