A career in Social Work means dedicating yourself to the wellbeing of others and the greater community good. An online BSW from Maryville University helps students strive towards the goals of advocating for social justice and helping individuals, families, organizations, and communities in need.
This online Social Work degree focuses on diversity, general social work practice, self-care, social justice, experiential projects, and real world scenarios. Classes align to the nine competencies outlined by the Council on Social Work Education.
A master’s degree may be required for advanced clinical practice, but a graduate with a bachelor’s degree can pursue state licensure or begin generalist social work practice. Graduates can find jobs in schools, hospitals, government, nonprofits, substance abuse facilities, correctional facilities, military locations, and more.
Career options for graduates include:
- Behavioral management aide
- Child, family, and school social worker
- Healthcare social worker
- Mental health or substance abuse social worker
- Probation officer
- Youth advocate or counselor
- A high school diploma or GED
- A high school grade point average of at least 2.5 (if applicable)
- A 2.0 grade point average in college work (if applicable)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission