At Maryville University, you can earn an online bachelor’s degree in Psychology that helps you develop a broad foundation in contemporary psychology that can be applied to a diverse range of fields. The online bachelor's in psychology program is designed to adhere to American Psychological Association standards. It is structured to help you develop a core understanding of psychology, culminating in an in-depth research project focused on your specific interests.
Graduates develop skills that can be useful in a variety of career paths including social work, research, and law. Core classes examine the biological, social, and clinical aspects of human behavior. Clinical psychology courses focus on mental and behavioral healthcare for individuals, families, and communities. Social psychology topics teach students how to improve interpersonal and group relationships.
Popular careers in Psychology include:
- Market research analyst
- Human resources specialist
- Social science research assistant
- Mental health counselor
- Survey researcher
- Specialized counselor (PTSD, drugs and alcohol, behavioral disorders)
- A high school diploma or GED
- A high school grade point average of at least 2.5 (if applicable)
- A 2.0 grade point average in college work (if applicable)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission