Master of Arts in Education / Educational Technology
Marian University offers a Master of Arts degree in Education with a concentration in Educational Technology. The teaching curriculum will build on foundations of previous schooling while introducing student teachers to the essential topics associated with teaching students using the most current technology available to support and improve learning.
Graduate students will use the curriculum to examine current educational theory and practice while exploring the innovations in technology appropriate for the classroom. The use of emerging technology and new applications are introduced to student teachers as an integral part of teaching and learning. The virtual classroom fosters professional ethics in the era of technology, providing a greater intellectual and ethical insight to professional teaching and technology standards.
Teachers will use the MAE program to develop and expand on professional aspirations when promoting education and improving student performance. Students will learn to create classroom strategies appropriate for a broad spectrum of digital learners, proper assessment methods when analyzing successes and gaining advanced self-awareness to best influence learners.
Topics of study include:
- Foundations of Educational Technology
- Innovations in Education
- Educational Telecommunication
- Effective Strategies for Learning with Technology
- Contemporary Topics in Educational Technology
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$570.00
Out of State Rate:$570.00
Additional Fees :$100.00
Fees Overview :
Graduation fee: $100
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$17,200.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$17,200.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- A bachelor’s degree in education or related area from a regionally or nationally accredited program
- Teaching license or evidence of eligibility to hold such a license
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or a minimum GPA of 3.30 in the last 60 credits of their undergraduate program
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.