M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: General Emphasis
Louisiana State University Shreveport offers a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: General Emphasis degree program which is well suited for individuals who wish to learn the best practices and professional skills used in the field of education. Graduates will learn the most effective practices of educational research, testing, curriculum development, and much more. This master’s degree program enhances the skills of teachers and ensures that they are competent within the field.
This Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: General Emphasis consists of 36 credit hours that can potentially be completed in as little as two years. Each course is seven weeks long and courses are fully accredited by SACS and NCATE. Individuals who wish to enroll in this program are not required to submit a GRE and no teaching certificate is required either.
All courses are available online. Students interested in this program should have basic computer skills. This flexible online learning environment allows students to balance their family and career life while working towards their degree. Students who wish to be admitted into this program must have a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or a 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 credit hours attempted in an undergraduate degree. Students must also provide either a current teaching certification from any state or a letter of recommendation that proves at least one year of experience related to this field.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Students meeting the following criteria will be unconditionally admitted to graduate study:
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average on the undergraduate degree (on a 4.0 scale) or a 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 hours attempted in the degree program. Additionally, a 3.0 GPA is required on any graduate work previously attempted with no more than 6 credit hours with a grade of “C” and no grades of “F.”
- Graduate students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution that they attended.
- No GRE required.
- ONE of the following is required:
- A current teaching certification (any state)
- A letter of recommendation proving at least one year of related professional experience is required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
All LSUS teacher education programs have been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education since 1978.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.