M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: Emphasis in English as a Second Language
Louisiana State University Shreveport offers a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: English as a Second Language which is ideal for individuals who wish to help English language learners master the English language. Graduates will be prepared to teach students by studying linguistics and various techniques on how to teach English as second language. Individuals enrolled will also be aware of roles that influence a student’s success when learning English. Hands-on experience is offered through this program in order to give individuals the experience they need to be successful. This degree enhances the skills of teachers and ensures that they are competent within the teaching field.
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Emphasis in Reading & Literacy consists of 36 credit hours that can potentially be completed in two years. Each course is seven weeks long and are fully accredited by SACS and NCATE. Individuals who wish to enroll in this program are not required to submit a GRE and no teaching certificate is required either.
All courses are available online. Students interested in the degree should have basic computer skills in order to complete the program. This flexible online learning environment allows students to balance their family and career life while working towards their degree. Students who wish to be admitted into the program must have a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or a 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 credit hours attempted in an undergraduate degree program. Students must also provide either a current teaching certification from any state or a letter of recommendation that proves at least one year of experience related to this field.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Students meeting the following criteria will be unconditionally admitted to graduate study:
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average on the undergraduate degree (on a 4.0 scale) or a 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 hours attempted in the degree program. Additionally, a 3.0 GPA is required on any graduate work previously attempted with no more than 6 credit hours with a grade of “C” and no grades of “F.”
- Graduate students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution that they attended.
- No GRE required.
- ONE of the following is required:
- A current teaching certification (any state)
- A letter of recommendation proving at least one year of related professional experience is required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
All LSUS teacher education programs have been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education since 1978.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.