Undergraduate Certificate in Preschool Studies
The Undergraduate Certificate in Preschool Studies program is designed for students that would like to instruct within early childhood educational programs like preschools or day care centers. The program’s curriculum will provide students the knowledge and expertise that is needed to integrate Christian values with effective early childhood educational methods. In addition, courses will focus on the psychology of children within subjects such as early childhood development and behavior. The program also encourages the enrollment of individuals that have interest in becoming Sunday School teachers at the preschool educational level.
Enrolled students must complete 18 credit hours within six designated courses. Some of the courses are Learning Theory & Portfolio Development, Wellness in the Early Childhood Setting, and Early Childhood Education Fundamentals. Students have the choice to complete either PSYC 221 or EDUC 305 for their final course requirement. The six EDUC courses are only offered online, however, PSYC 221 offers both an online and campus-based format. Students must complete all of the courses through Liberty University with a letter grade of “C” or higher.
The curriculum should provide instruction within a number of different subjects related to the early childhood education field. Some of the course topics covered in the program are modern issues in education, experimental learning, educational assessment of young children, and childhood nutrition. Instructors will help facilitate the evaluation and discussion of effective methods of classroom management, modern religious education trends, and theory of childhood education. Students will also have the opportunity to create and apply their classroom philosophies to the development of lesson plans and their teaching delivery technique.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.