Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Liberty University offers students an Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies that may be completed entirely online. The curriculum has been designed to strengthen the knowledge and skills that are needed within many paralegal careers and law office settings. The curriculum focuses on a number of different topics within the law field such as principles of law, rhetoric and real estate.
To graduate, students will need to complete a total of 18 credits. The total credits are fulfilled through the completion of six required courses. Some of the certificate’s courses are Introduction to Paralegal Studies, Criminal Practice and Procedures, and Real Estate Transactions and Property. The credit hours may also be applied to one of the many bachelor's degrees at Liberty University.
The program’s courses will cover topics within a variety of subjects related to the paralegal field. Some topics covered within courses include America’s legal system, criminal litigation, legal ethics, case law and legal research. Students will also gain experience analyzing case studies, providing civil procedure guidance, preparing legal documents and implementing principles of criminal law to real-world cases. The program’s instructors will help guide students to use Christian perspectives and world views to evaluate many concepts delivered within the required courses.
All of the certificate program’s courses must be completed through Liberty University. In addition, courses completed with a letter grade of D or lower will not be used towards the fulfillment of the program’s requirements.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.