Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience
The Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience at Liberty University is designed for students who would like to help military personnel with the psychological, physical, and social wounds associated with military combat. Students will also be prepared to educate the service member’s family, pastors and friends about the methods to help reduce the stress of war. In addition, students should learn to address and support the spiritual needs of military service members through faith based programs. A fundamental overview of crisis response will also be evaluated with some courses emphasizing topics such as intervention models, critical incident stress, and scope of crisis response.
The program requires students to complete 18 credit hours within six designated courses. Some of the required program courses are Foundational Principles of Crisis Response, Military Career & Community Transition, and PTSD & Combat Related Trauma. Students may complete the program’s courses entirely online. During the 2013-2014 academic year, each full-time credit hour for the certificate program was $340.
The program’s courses will cover the appropriate methods for intervention and the resilience theory for current military personnel and veterans. The curriculum will provide opportunities for students to evaluate modern methods of treating psychological disorders like depression, suicidal ideation, and substance addiction found within the military population. Instructors within the program will also offer a focused analysis of the symptoms, treatments, and modern research of Combat-related PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries. Some additional course topics include the Resilience Life Cycle, the history of crisis response, veteran reintegration, and therapeutic needs of military families.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.