Liberty’s 100% online Ph.D. in Psychology – Industrial / Organizational Psychology is designed to give human services professionals a solid foundation in advanced research methods and statistics while allowing students to develop deeper theoretical and research expertise in a specific sub-discipline of psychology. The tools and knowledge in this degree will prepare students to develop ground-breaking original research and scholarship that will improve outcomes for nonprofit, business, and government organizations where interpersonal relationships build the functioning systems of every-day operations. This program is designed for students who are currently seeking career advancement or work in research or leadership roles in many human services fields. The skills and knowledge gained through this program are also marketable and valued in many business management roles in organizations where research and analytical skills are required to develop better systems and programs. Graduates will be well-equipped to enter academic roles in psychology research and teaching, business research and product development, private and public consulting, policy advisement roles, and healthcare administration roles.
- Official college transcripts showing successful completion of a Masters degree
- Students must have completed 12 hours in psychology at the undergraduate or graduate level, including courses in:
- General psychology, statistics, research methods, and one additional course
- If these prerequisites were met at the UG level, the bachelor’s degree will also be required for admissions
- 3.0 or above GPA
- 2 recommender contact information
- Statement of Purpose
- Departmental approval
School Accreditation Statement
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.