Master of Theology / Theology
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts in Theology with a specialization in Theology for students who want to study the theological and historical aspects of educational development to become effective Christian ministers and church leaders. Students will further their understanding of the Old and New Testament, systemic theology and the doctrine of God to establish a solid foundation in the fundamentals of the Bible, Christianity, theology and the church.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the development of theological understanding of the doctrine and teachings of the Bible. Classes include Modern and Contemporary Christian Thought, Biblical Theology, a theology capstone, several electives relating to a variety of studies in the bible and church missions, Theology of Global Engagement, Ecclesiology, Doctrine of God, Eschatology, and Ethics and Christian Ministry.
Students completing the program will have demonstrated advanced understanding and education in the topic of biblical theology. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate survey knowledge of theological and historical studies necessary to be effective as a Christian minister and church leader, to show skills in biblical interpretation that will allow for use of theological and historical studies as a Christian minister or church leader, to demonstrate skills in ministry for application in contemporary life in strengthening the church and serving humanity, and to develop a scholarly, theological and reflective foundation that will be the basis for advanced study in ministry or divinity.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.