Master of Theology / Homiletics
Liberty University offers a Master of Divinity program in Homiletics for students interested in learning about the roles of ministerial leaders as part of spreading the message and teaching the Bible through preaching and sermons. Throughout the program, students will explore homiletics and various styles of preaching, including the preaching of evangelism, the teaching of the old and new testaments, and sermons for special occasions.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the development of pastoral leadership and ability to preach and development of preaching styles. Classes include Modern and Contemporary Christian Thought, Biblical Theology, a theology capstone, several electives relating to a variety of studies in the Bible and church missions, Expository Preaching, Evangelistic Preaching, Preaching for Special Occasions, Preaching from the Old Testament, and Preaching from the New Testament.
Students will demonstrate the ability to represent themselves as educated professionals upon meeting the qualifications that come with graduation. These qualifications include a foundational knowledge of the Bible, which contributes to the formation of a Christian worldview; to demonstrate a competency in biblical education in order to become a more well-versed leader and professional; to demonstrate the skills necessary for effective oral, written, and visual communication, including the basic use of communications technology; and to demonstrate the leadership ability and professionalism appropriate for roles in ministry.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.