The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 20 years!
Find out more about Liberty University
Receive more information about
Master of Theology / Biblical Studies
Liberty University offers a Master of Theology degree with a specialization in Biblical Studies for students interested in developing an understanding of Christianity and the Bible and its interpretation. The program places emphasis on scholarly biblical research for the education of those who wish to develop a better understanding of the Bible.
The program consists of courses that emphasize scholarly interpretations of the Bible. Classes include Modern and Contemporary Christian Thought, Biblical Theology, a theology capstone, everal electives relating to a variety of studies in the Bible and church missions, a study of John, a study of Hebrews, a study of Genesis, a study of Psalms, and a study of Isaiah.
Through completion of the program, students will have demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the teachings of the Bible. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the field of biblical studies and knowledge of related academic disciplines, such as theology and history, to demonstrate the ability to use the biblical text to exegete the readings in a scholarly manner, to demonstrate the skills to engage competently in original research and writing that advance the understanding of the biblical text, and to develop a sense of and a commitment to the vocation of biblical scholarship in its dimensions of learning, research and teaching.
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
3. Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
4. Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
5. Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
6. Submit a pastoral recommendation.
7. Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
8. Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Consent for Contact
I understand that by submitting this form, WGU and Get Educated will be contacting me by email and phone. Submitting this form also constitutes my express written consent to receive phone calls and text messages from WGU, at the phone number(s) I have provided, including a wireless number. I also understand that consent is not a condition of enrollment.