Master of Science in Sport Management / Sport Administration (Thesis)
The Master of Science in Sport Management-Sport Administration program is designed to enhance a student’s leadership and management expertise. The program’s courses aim to provide an education essential for the effective management of athletic programs and sport organizations. Specific course topics include management ethics, sport ministry foundations, finance, and legal issues. Graduates of the program may find future careers within settings such as athletic marketing, sports broadcasting, or public relations. Possible career positions for graduates include sports management information professional, interscholastic athletic administrator, and athletic facility manager.
The tuition for each full-time credit costs approximately $490. The program may be completed entirely online. Students may transfer a maximum of six credits from a previous accredited academic institution. In order to graduate, students must complete a total of 36 credit hours. The total credits are divided into 21 core courses and 15 Sport Administration Thesis Cognate credit hours. Some of the cognate’s courses are Management & Leadership in Sport Organizations, Sport Event & Facility Management, and Sport Development & Sales.
Students must also complete a thesis within the program. To begin the thesis, students will need to successfully pass the comprehensive final. The Thesis Proposal and Research (SMGT 689) course provides students an opportunity to choose and conduct research about a specific topic related to the field of sport administration. After completing the SMGT 689 course, students will then need to complete Thesis Defense (SMGT 690).
The program requires students to finish the program with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Students may apply two grades of C towards the degrees requirements. In addition, no grade of D or lower may be used to complete the degree.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from either a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.