Master of Science in Sport Management / Outdoor Adventure (Thesis Track)
Liberty University offers an online Master of Science in Sport Management with an emphasis on Outdoor Adventure (Thesis Track). The outdoor specialization is designed for students who wish to work outside and provide the learning opportunity in fun and adventurous ways in the great outdoors.
Students choosing to complete the Master of Science in Sport Management – Outdoor Adventure Thesis option will need to complete three courses, as well as Thesis Proposal & Research, and Thesis Defense. Each course counts as three credits, totaling 15 hours for the Thesis Track. Participants may register for Thesis Proposal & Research after they have passed the Comprehensive Exam.
The School of Education provides a Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word. The purpose of the school is committed to strengthening the mind, body and soul, while educating students as the person God created. The school prepares graduate students for careers in teaching and school administration as well as the program in Sports Management.
Students in the Sports Management degree should build on the basic business management curriculum and add the necessary outdoor recreation skill base, develop and lead recreation and education programs, and manage outdoor recreation agencies. Liberty University's School of Education provides graduates of the Outdoor Adventure concentration a competitive advantage when seeking careers or advancing in positions of outdoor leadership organizations, camp director, program developer, adventure leader, park ranger or an outdoor education leader.
The foundations of a sports management education teaches students how to expand on the business side of the sports industry. The degree offers students the opportunity to combine a desire of sports with the professional aspect of managing an active resource of entertainment and performance. The sports management courses focus on topics of current trends in sports in culture, sports information, interscholastic intercollegiate and professional sports, facility management, sport ethics, sport marketing, sport law, and sport finance. The Outdoor Adventure concentration should develop the management and adventure-based skills necessary for a graduate’s successful career advancement in outdoor recreation and adventure industries.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.