Master of Science in Sport Management
The Master of Science in Sport Management - General Non-Thesis degree is designed to strengthen the necessary expertise and knowledge required for a solid understanding of the sport management industry. The program will provide students the opportunity to evaluate effective methods for the organization and management of a variety of sport organizations. Specifically, the program’s courses will instruct topics such as public relations, economics, finance, psychology and law. Upon graduation, students may find careers as a camp director, event planner, sports broadcaster, athletic facility manager, or athletics marketer.
Students will be required to complete a total of 36 credit hours to graduate. The total hours are fulfilled through the completion of 21 core and 15 General Non-Thesis Cognate course credits. Some of the core courses are Social Issues in Sport Management, Foundations of Sport Ministry, and Economic & Financial Management of Sport.
The General Non-Thesis Cognate offers students the opportunity to choose three courses of interest. Each course must be within the SMGT subject and at the 600-700 level. The cognate also requires students to work within an internship (SMGT 699) after successfully completing 21 credit hours and passing the comprehensive exam.
The internship is designed to provide students real-world experience within an organization that provides sport or recreation management services. Students must complete a minimum of 400 internship hours. The internship’s site and supervisor must be pre-approved by the SMGT 699 course instructor.
To earn the degree, students must complete the program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The program will use only two grades of “C” for the completion of the requirements. Any grade of “D” or lower will not be used towards the completion of the degree. The program may accept up to six transfer credits from a previous accredited institution. All of the program’s courses may be completed online. During the 2013-2014 academic year, each full-time credit cost $490.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from either a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.