Master of Science in Cyber Security
Offered through Liberty University is the Master of Science in Cyber Security. Consisting of 36 credit hours, students are required courses such as Advanced Topics in Computer Security, Ethics, Legal Issues & Policy, and Secure Software Engineering. In addition to courses, students will need to also complete a capstone project. Students can expect to cover topics such as forensics, cryptography, network security, and web security. A total of 30 of the credits must be earned through Liberty to count towards the Cyber Security degree. Individuals will have a total of three years to complete the online program. On average, students take three courses per semester of 3-credit courses, consisting of four semesters.
The courses are designed to test and further students’ knowledge for the prevention and recovery of cyber mishaps. Students will be trained to test cyber security infrastructures to determine the stability. After completion of the program, students may be prepared for certification as a Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP). Students will study access control, disaster detection, cyber training, and Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
By earning a Master’s in Cyber Security, individuals may be suited for employment working in IT security, or as a security engineer or information security specialist. Students could also potentially find employment working for the government or the military. Admission requirements state that students must have completed 105 credit hours of undergraduate work. For students completing their undergraduate degree, they will need to submit a Graduate Application to be considered.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Thirty of the credits must be earned through Liberty.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.