Master of Education (M.Ed.) / Teaching & Learning (Gifted)
Liberty University offers an online Master of Education degree with a concentration in Teaching and Learning and a focus on Gifted Education. The degree program is suitable for teachers seeking to gain a position of a teacher working with exceptional students in K-12 learning institutions. The program will prepare students for leadership and assistant roles in Christian, public and private schools, as well provide a solid foundation for graduates wishing to further educational goals by pursuing an advanced credential or a Doctorate in Education.
Students of the M.Ed. in Gifted Education program must be aware that the program does not provide a teaching license and graduates will best use the degree to advance into education fields appropriate for above average children. The concentration is a critical part of the success of a student's learning experience. The changing dynamics of classrooms are enhanced with the modern curriculum suitable for advanced school aged children. Liberty University offers an M.Ed. degree with focused curriculums to ensure that the students have a well-rounded learning opportunity, to better serve the church, the community and the children that will benefit from a Christ centered education. The emphasis on child development, creating a gifted child’s curriculum and classroom management will prepare graduates to be successful additions to school systems.
The program is state approved by Virginia to award advanced teaching licensure, and it is the student's responsibility to be aware of additional credit hours required for the Gifted Education concentration; students must also complete three credit hours as an internship. It is the student’s responsibility to understand local and state requirements needed for home-state licensure and student teaching coursework. The 36-credit-hour program solidifies a student's understanding in topics of educational psychology and elementary teaching methods while introducing subjects on current issues in child development, administration structures and community involvement. The program will culminate in the student's successful completion of an internship or practicum to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the challenging course curriculum.
Students pursuing a Master’s in Education degree are encouraged to look into the learning objectives of each concentration to better understand and clearly choose the professional path that best suits personal and career aspirations for the individual students.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
The Education program at Liberty is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.