Master of Education in Teaching and Learning / Student Services
By earning a Master of Education in Teaching & Learning, students should be equipped to work in school systems including public, private, and Christian. This program is intended for those wishing to work in a K-12 setting. The M.Ed. program is recognized and approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). However, the M.Ed. with a cognate in Student Services is a non-licensed program.
The Master of Education in Teaching & Learning - Student Services is ideal for those who want to better the learning experience for students through improving educational resources. Students will complete advanced education core courses 15 hours), student services cognate (12 hours), and professional courses (9 hours.) Some of the courses students have the option to take may include Understanding Educational Research and Assessment, Human Development Across the Life Span, and Current Issues in Education. A background is needed before students will be allowed to complete the course Current Issues in Education and Directed Practicum.
Consisting of 36 credit hours, students have the potential to transfer in up to six credits from an accredited school. However, a minimum of 30 credits must be completed through Liberty University. Following completion, for eligibility for a Virginia license, individuals will need to complete internship requirements, and pass Virginia assessments within seven years of graduation.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
A background check is needed for Current Issues in Education and Directed Practicum.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.