Master of Divinity / Theology
Liberty University offers a Master of Divinity in Theology for individuals who want to develop a better understanding of the history and meaning of the Bible and Christianity. Students will study the Old and New Testament, systemic theology and the doctrine of God to establish a solid foundation in the fundamentals of the Bible, Christianity, Christian Theology and the Christian church. Students will learn to apply their education and studies of the Bible to helping people in contemporary ways through the lessons of the Bible.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the development of theological understanding of the doctrine and teachings of the Bible. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, History of Christianity, History of Baptists, Discipleship Ministries, Spiritual Formation, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Preparation of the Sermon, Theology of Pastoral Ministry, New Testament Orientation, Survey of Theology Ecclesiology, Doctrine of God, Eschatology, and Ethics and Christian Ministry.
Students completing the program will have demonstrated an advanced understanding and education in the topic of biblical theology. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate knowledge of theological and historical studies necessary to be effective as a Christian minister or church leader, to show skills in biblical interpretation that will allow for a biblical orientation for use of theological and historical studies as a Christian minister or church leader, to demonstrate skills for strengthening the church and serving humanity, and to develop a scholarly, theological and reflective foundation that will be the basis for advanced study in ministry or divinity.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.