Master of Divinity / Pastoral Ministries
Liberty University offers an online Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree program with a concentration on Pastoral Studies. The program is part of the Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary and sets the standard for professional degrees in ministry. The ministry curriculum is specifically designed to help students in preparation for a career providing Christian ministry in local church and para-church settings.
The Pastoral Studies concentration is designed for students who aim to serve the word of Christ and the church through local fellowships. The challenging course materials prepare students for careers as professional Christians, teaching morals in communities. The M.Div. program provides students with the resources to study the advanced displays of biblical leadership principles and strategies, with an intensive focus on the Scriptures and truths of the Christian faith. The Christian foundation places an emphasis on understanding and practicing the core values, knowledge and skills needed to effectively serve in ministry-based roles.
Students will study a structured curriculum with in-depth courses of biblical leadership principles and strategies, and the essential scriptures of the Christian faith. An emphasis is placed throughout the degree program on the understanding and utilization of the core values, knowledge and skills needed to effectively serve in a variety of pastoral roles. The 93-credit-hour program provides students with the intrinsic course vital to the growth of a church and its members. The coursework covers topics in administration, spiritual formation, and leadership, in addition to history, New and Old Testaments and theology.
The Master of Divinity has several concentrations within the program, each of which are tailored to individual students' career and personal goals, even as a military chaplains for certain branches of the armed services. The cognates students must choose from for successful completion of the online program include Chaplaincy, Professional Ministries, Missional Studies, Pastoral Ministries and Theological Studies.
Prospective students are encouraged to review all of the concentrations in order to earn an advanced degree as a Master in Divinity.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.