Master of Divinity / Pastoral Counseling
Liberty University offers a Master of Divinity in Pastoral Counseling for ministers and leaders of the church. Students will study theology, the Bible and counseling through the church as part of their studies to integrate psychology, theology and implementation of Christian spirituality into counseling. The program will help leaders by developing their abilities to practically apply their counseling ability to individuals seeking marital and pre-marital guidance, crisis counseling or therapy counseling.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the use of theology and leadership in order to provide counseling to those in need. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, History of Christianity, History of Baptists, Discipleship Ministries, Spiritual Formation, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Preparation of the Sermon, Theology of Pastoral Ministry, New Testament Orientation, Introduction to Pastoral Counseling, Integration of Psychology and Theology, Theology and Spirituality in Counseling, Premarital and Marital Counseling, and Crisis Counseling and Brief Therapy.
Students completing the program will have demonstrated the necessary educational and professional qualifications for roles in ministry that involve providing counseling services to followers. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate effective preparation for Christian ministry and leadership responsibilities in congregations and other settings; to demonstrate ability to use the biblical text and theological and historical studies to enrich the spiritual life of others; to understand the means by which one may grow morally and spiritually, and by which one may lead others in positive spiritual formation in the likeness of Jesus Christ; and to develop the scholarly, theological and reflective foundation that will provide the basis for further advanced studies.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.