Master of Divinity / Global Studies
Liberty University offers a Master of Divinity degree in Global Studies for students who want to work to spread their faith through intentional ministry and outreach to non-Christian communities to bring the word of God to others. Students will develop and expand their ministry through studies of evangelism, global studies, hermeneutics, systematic theology and fields related to the spiritual factors growing and church planting.
Students will focus on the necessary material in order to prepare for ordination into roles in the ministry. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, History of Christianity, History of Baptists, Discipleship Ministries, Spiritual Formation, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Preparation of the Sermon, Theology of Pastoral Ministry, New Testament Orientation, Introduction to Islam, Cultural Anthropology, History of Global Christianity, Intercultural Communication and Engagement, and a Global Studies Practicum.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the necessary educational and professional qualifications for roles in the ministry involving cross-cultural and cross-religion communication. These qualifications include, but are not limited to: the ability to demonstrate effective preparation for Christian ministry and leadership responsibilities in congregations and other settings, to demonstrate the ability to use the biblical text and theological and historical studies to enrich the spiritual life of others, to understand the means by which an individual may grow morally and spiritually and lead others in positive spiritual formation in the likeness of Jesus Christ, and to develop the scholarly, theological and reflective foundation that will provide the basis for further advanced studies.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After you have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.