Master of Arts in Worship Studies / Leadership
Liberty University provides a Master of Arts in Worship Studies degree with a specialization in Leadership that is intended for students who have interest in fulfilling worship leadership roles within a church organization. Some specific course topics are research methods, worship culture communication, and leadership principles. The program is designed to provide students the opportunity to apply their biblical knowledge, theological foundations, and worship theory to a church setting. In addition, students may learn how to minister effectively within a number of different church cultures. Many of the program’s courses are taught by experienced Christian musicians and songwriters.
The program’s courses are offered predominately online; however, students will be required to attend six campus-based intensives throughout the program. Intensives are one-week long, accelerated courses that provide students the opportunity to work with instructors and fellow students within a variety of workshops and classes.
To graduate successfully, students must complete the program with a GPA of 2.0 or higher. Once the program has begun, students have a maximum of five years to complete the necessary requirements. Students may transfer up to 12 credits from a previous academic institution.
The 45 credit program requires students to complete courses within a variety of subjects. Students must complete 12 Foundational Studies, 15 Worship Studies, 15 Leadership Cognate and three Practical Theology in Worship credit hours. Some of the Leadership Cognate’s courses are The Dynamics of Corporate Worship, Building a Balanced Worship Ministry, and The Role of the Pastor with the Worship Leader.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Hybrid
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from either a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution with a minimum GPA of 2.0. The previously completed bachelor’s degree must be within music, worship(or another related field) or have had five years experience in music ministry.
Submit TOEFL scores.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.