Master of Arts in Theological Studies / Theology
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts in Theological Studies with a specialization in Theology for students and members of the church and ministry who want to develop knowledge of theological and historical aspects of educational development to become effective Christian ministers and church leaders. Students will develop an understanding of the Old and New Testament, systemic theology and the doctrine of God to establish a solid foundation in the fundamentals of the Bible, Christianity, Christian Theology and the Christian Church. The program is oriented towards personal development, ministerial development and application of study toward contemporary life.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the development of theological understanding of the doctrine and teachings of the Bible. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, Survey of History of Christianity, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, New Testament Introduction, Hermeneutics, Old Testament Introduction, Introduction to Seminary Studies, Survey of Theology, Systematic Theology and the Doctrine of God.
Students completing the program will have demonstrated an advanced understanding and education in the topic of biblical theology. Qualifications include, but are not limited to: the ability to demonstrate survey knowledge of theological and historical studies necessary to be effective as a Christian minister and church leader, to show skills in biblical interpretation that will allow for a biblical orientation for use of theological and historical studies as a Christian minister or church leader, and to develop a scholarly, theological and reflective foundation that will be the basis for advanced study in ministry or divinity.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in)
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes!
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once you have clicked on the link below, type in your full Liberty University email address as your login ID and type your Liberty password. Once you have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After you have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Liberty University does not engage in unlawful discrimination or harassment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, disability or military veteran status in its educational programs and activities. Liberty University maintains its Christian character and reserves its right to discriminate on the basis of religion to the extent that applicable law respects its right to act in furtherance of its religious objectives. The following persons have been designated to coordinate Liberty University’s compliance with certain anti-discrimination laws: Coordinator of LU Online Disability Academic Support at (434) 592-5417 or email@example.com; Director of Disability Academic Support (Residential) at (434) 582-2159 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Title IX Coordinator at (434) 582-8948 or TitleIX@liberty.edu.