Master of Arts in Theological Studies / Biblical Studies
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts in Theological Studies with a specialization in Biblical Studies for students and members of the church interested in developing an advanced understanding of the Bible, its interpretation and where it came from. The program puts emphasis on scholarly biblical research in this degree for the education of those who wish to be effective Christian ministers and church leaders, teachers and scholars by studying apologetics, the history of Christianity, global studies, hermeneutics, theology and other topics from the book of Genesis, Isaiah and John.
The program consists of courses that emphasize development of scholarly interpretations of the Bible and its teachings. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, Survey of History of Christianity, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, New Testament Introduction, Hermeneutics, Old Testament Introduction, Introduction to Seminary Studies, Survey of Theology, Study of John, Study of Genesis and Study of Isaiah.
Through completion of the program, students will have gained the necessary education for roles in ministry and Bible study. These qualifications include, but are not limited to: the ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the field of biblical studies and knowledge of related academic disciplines, such as theology and history; to demonstrate the ability to use the biblical text to exegete the readings in a scholarly manner; to demonstrate the skills to engage competently in original research and writing that advances the understanding of the biblical text for the sake of academy, church and society in order to enrich the spiritual life of others; and to develop a sense of and a commitment to the vocation of biblical scholarship in its dimensions of learning, research and teaching.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 deferred application fee. (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address as the login ID and type the Liberty password. Once logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.