Master of Arts in Teaching / Middle Grades
Liberty University offers the Master of Arts degree in Teaching with a specialization in the Middle Grades for educators who want to teach children from grade five to grade eight. Through the program, students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to help students who are making a transition from learning the basics of math, reading, and other subjects to facing more advanced topics and the higher expectations placed on them in high school.
Classes for the M.A. in Teaching include Advanced Educational Psychology, Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education, Foundations of Exceptionality, Tests and Measurements, Professional Development in Middle Grades Education, Young Adolescents, Schools, and Communities, Curriculum and Methods for the Middle School, Teaching Science in the Middle School, Teaching Social Studies in the Middle School, Teaching Mathematics in the Middle School, Teaching Literacy in the Middle School, Reading and Language Acquisition, Teaching Content Area Reading, Principles of Behavior Management, and Student Teaching.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the necessary educational and professional qualifications for teaching roles of adolescents in the middle grades. Qualifications include understanding and analyzing the major concepts, principles, theories, standards, and research related to teaching fields; demonstrating how to use content knowledge to make interdisciplinary connections; employing depth and breadth of technologies; using teaching and assessment strategies to advance student learning; integrating state-of-the-art technologies and literacy skills; understanding and analyzing the major concepts, principles, theories, and research related to effective middle level instruction and assessment; and applying a variety of effective strategies to meet the varying abilities, interests, and learning styles of all young adolescents.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.