Master of Arts in Religion / Worship Studies
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts in Religion degree in Worship Studies for students interested in learning about the role of worship and congregation in the church and the ministry. Students will learn about the effect of prayer and worship, along with the theological, historical, and practical applications of worship and renewal and how prayer is used to improve spiritual well-being.
Classes required of the M.A. in Worship include Introduction to Apologetics, History of Christianity, Discipleships Ministries, Spiritual Formation, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Preparation of the Sermon, New Testament Orientation, Hermeneutics, Old Testament Orientation, Introduction to Seminary Studies, Systematic Theology, History and Philosophy of Worship, Biblical Foundations of Worship, The Role of the Worship Leader, and Principles of Leadership for the Worship Leader.
Students will have demonstrated the necessary qualifications to act as a minister and to lead and guide others through prayer. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate a professional level of proficiency in the content, theory, and practice of ministry;to demonstrate holistic formation with emphasis on Christ-like character and spiritual vitality; to demonstrate competencies in biblical literacy and interpretation, the history of Christianity, and theological reflections from a renewal perspective; to demonstrate Christ-centered leadership in education, training, and development of communities in which they serve; and to demonstrate a balanced understanding, practice, and participation in diverse contemporary contexts of life.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Liberty University does not engage in unlawful discrimination or harassment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, disability or military veteran status in its educational programs and activities. Liberty University maintains its Christian character and reserves its right to discriminate on the basis of religion to the extent that applicable law respects its right to act in furtherance of its religious objectives. The following persons have been designated to coordinate Liberty University’s compliance with certain anti-discrimination laws: Coordinator of LU Online Disability Academic Support at (434) 592-5417 or email@example.com; Director of Disability Academic Support (Residential) at (434) 582-2159 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Title IX Coordinator at (434) 582-8948 or TitleIX@liberty.edu.