Master of Arts in Religion / Global Studies
Liberty University offers a Master of Art degree in Religion with a specialization in Global Studies for students who want to expand their knowledge of the Bible and understanding of the history of Christianity and its relationship with other cultures. Students will establish their understanding of cross-cultural communications in order to communicate between different countries and religions, and how churches and Christians use communication to spread the message of the Bible.
Students will focus on the necessary material in order to prepare for ordination into roles in ministry. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, History of Christianity, Discipleships Ministries, Spiritual Formation, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Preparation of the Sermon, New Testament Orientation, Hermeneutics, Old Testament Orientation, Introduction to Seminary Studies, Systematic Theology, Introduction to Islam, Cultural Anthropology, History of Global Christianity, and Intercultural Communication and Engagement.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the necessary educational and professional qualifications for roles in ministry that involve cross-cultural and cross-religion communication. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate effective preparation for Christian ministry and leadership responsibilities in congregations and other settings; to demonstrate the ability to use biblical text and theological and historical studies to enrich the spiritual life of others; to understand the means by which one may grow morally and spiritually, and by which one may lead others in positive spiritual formation in the likeness of Jesus Christ; and to develop the scholarly, theological, and reflective foundation that will provide the basis for further advanced studies.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.