The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 20 years!
Find out more about Liberty University
Receive more information about
Master of Arts in Religion / Evangelism & Church Planting
Liberty University offers a Master of Art degree in Religion with a specialization in Evangelism and Church Planting for students interested in expanding their knowledge of the Bible and the spreading of churches and church organizations. Students will develop their ministry and expand the reach of their church through studies of the Bible, cultural studies, hermeneutics, systematic theology and fields related to the spiritual factors of growing churches, and church planting.
Students will focus on the necessary material in order to prepare for ordination into roles in the ministry. Classes include introduction to apologetics, history of Christianity, discipleships ministries, spiritual formation, contemporary evangelism, global studies survey, preparation of the sermon, New Testament orientation, hermeneutics, Old Testament orientation, introduction to seminary studies, systematic theology, spiritual factors of growing churches, introduction to church planting, evangelism and the growing church, and church planting methods and cultures.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the necessary education and spiritual leadership for roles in church planting and spreading the messages of the Bible. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate effective preparation for Christian ministry and leadership responsibilities in congregations and other settings, to demonstrate the ability to use biblical text and theological and historical studies to enrich the spiritual life of others, to understand the means by which one may grow morally and spiritually, and by which one may lead others in positive spiritual formation in the likeness of Jesus Christ, and to develop the scholarly, theological, and reflective foundation that will provide the basis for further advanced studies.
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
3. Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
4. Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
5. Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
6. Submit a pastoral recommendation.
7. Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
8. Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Consent for Contact
I understand that by submitting this form, WGU and Get Educated will be contacting me by email and phone. Submitting this form also constitutes my express written consent to receive phone calls and text messages from WGU, at the phone number(s) I have provided, including a wireless number. I also understand that consent is not a condition of enrollment.