Master of Arts in Public Policy / Public Administration
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts in Public Policy with a specialization in Public Administration for professionals whose responsibilities involve planning, drafting, implementing, or managing public policies responsible for the operation of government organizations. Students will develop the necessary organizational acumen necessary for business and nonprofit/government management and administration, with specialized understandings of the unique structural and personnel concerns. Government organizations have special concerns, since their funding comes from public means. In addition, administration of public institutions and its operations are typically under the purview of regulatory and other monitoring organizations. Students will learn to coordinate and develop systems that create organizational change as well as learn the procedures involved in crafting and creating policy initiatives.
Students will study topics relating to the management and administration of public services. Those classes include Introduction to Writing, Research, and Turabian; Economics and Public Policy; Political Philosophy; Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance; Introduction to Geopolitics and International Diplomacy; Foundations of American Governance; Applied Public Research Methods; Fundamentals of Public Administration, and more.
Through completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the necessary educational and professional qualifications necessary for roles in leading organizational and community goals by utilizing financial resources. These qualifications include but are not limited to the ability to utilize personal management skills such as project management, organization, leadership, professionalism, and time management to meet or exceed the organization’s objective, to demonstrate the ability to utilize various systems and software to maximize the efficiency of the organization, to demonstrate the ability to utilize problem solving tools and principles of quality to identify and enhance an organization’s performance, the ability to apply basic knowledge of business principles and practices to achieve competitive advantage in the global marketplace, and to demonstrate the ability to utilize knowledge of various governmental subdivisions to provide effective and efficient service delivery that meets all applicable laws and policies and regulations of the agency.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
1. Apply online or download graduate application and submit via mail.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in)
3. Fax / scan all unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
4. College transcripts. All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
5. Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing
6. TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test)
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.