Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling / Theology
Individuals interested in learning about the field of counseling from a Christian worldview may wish to consider Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Theology program. Students will focus on systematic theology, ethics within Christian ministry, and the doctrine of God. This program is especially designed for those who are considering providing counsel in church and ministry settings.
The curriculum requires students to complete a total of 36 credit hours, with 24 hours in core courses and 12 hours in the theology cognate. The theology courses are: systematic Theology I & II, Doctrine of God, and Ethics & Christian Ministry. Each credit hour will cost $350. Liberty places focus on commitment, service, and learning through collaboration of students, faculty, and God. This school intends to challenge students to serve each other, strive towards excellence, and effectively prepare for their future career or position.
Those who graduate from this program should understand how to use both theological principles and psychological knowledge in their counseling. Graduates may find potential careers as a teaching pastor, church counselor, non-licensed counselor, or lay pastor. This degree may also satisfy the requirements to become a military chaplain. While this program does not completely meet licensure requirements, students may find they are able to use the information learned through this program to seek professional licensure.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.3 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.