Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling / Marriage and Family
The Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling with a concentration in Marriage and Family program offered through Liberty University is designed to prepare students for counseling work with families and individuals in a range of church and parachurch settings. This program is delivered through Liberty University Online, a service that helps to provide access to distance-based education to working students.
It is the goal of this program to prepare students for counseling through a wholly integrated Christian worldview in order to maintain a commitment to ethical and moral practice. This program strives to cover topics that are relevant to effective practice, including premarital, marital, and family counseling. Those that complete this program should be prepared to bring a Christian perspective to their practice and commitment to biblical values within a counseling setting. Applicants should be aware that this program in itself does not lead to any sort of professional licensure, although the coursework can aid those that wish to pursue such licensure. Graduates of the program may go on to become church counselors, marriage and family counselors, and military chaplains, among other possibilities.
In order to complete this program, students must earn a minimum of 36 hours of credit, up to six of which are able to be transferred in from another institution. Some students are able to gain preliminary acceptance and begin their Master's Degree program as soon as they finish their undergraduate degrees, though it is pending department approval.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2.3 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.