Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling / Discipleship and Church Ministry
The Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling with a concentration in Discipleship and Church Ministry Degree program at Liberty University is designed for candidates who wish to serve in local church and ministry settings as non-licensed counselors. This program is offered through Liberty University Online, providing students with flexibility in scheduling and access to course materials. Students can typically expect to finish the program in a period of one to two years, depending on the rate in which they enroll in courses. Students also have the option of taking courses on campus, should they so desire.
In this program, students will take courses that focus on small group ministries, family discipleship, and church administration. Students will work towards developing the skills and knowledge associated with leading a healthy church. Graduates of this program may go on to service in a variety of positions related to churches, as well as other Christian settings. Possible job positions include those as chaplains, church counselors, ministry workers. As Liberty is a Christian institution, the coursework covered throughout this program is grounded in a Christian perspective. In order to complete this program, those enrolled are required to earn a total of 36 hours of credit, no more than six of which is able to be transferred in from work at another institution.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2.3 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.