Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling / Addictions and Recovery
The Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Addictions and Recovery degree is designed for those interested in serving within local churches in a nonprofessional counseling role. Liberty University offers this program in a completely online format, which offers flexibility to students. This program will discuss treating addictions and overseeing the recovery process. Students will also explore diagnosing and treating substance and sexual addictions, the treatment process, and addictions and recovery from a biological perspective.
The 36 credit hours required to complete this program are separated into two categories: core courses and addictions & recovery cognate. Students will need to fulfill 24 hours of core courses and 12 hours in their specialization. The four classes in the cognate are: Addictions & the Recovery Process, Biological Aspects of Addiction & Recovery, Treatment & the Recovery Process, and Diagnosis & Treatment of Sexual Addiction. Each class is worth three credit hours. Students can expect to pay approximately $350 per credit hour. A total of six credit hours are also allowed to be transferred in, but 30 hours must be completed in Liberty University’s program in order to receive this degree from this particular institution.
Successful completion of this program may allow graduates to pursue careers such as church counselor, substance abuse counselor, rehabilitation specialist, or non-licensed counselor. Students may also find this education may be used to seek licensure, although professional licensure requirements are not fully met through this program. Liberty places focus on commitment, service, and learning through collaboration of students, faculty, and God. This school intends to challenge students to serve each other, strive towards excellence, and effectively prepare for their future career or position.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.3 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.