Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling / Criminal Justice
Liberty University offers an online Master of Arts in Human Services degree with a concentration in Criminal Justice. The online format allows busy professional students to earn a valuable degree while still fulfilling obligations to careers, families and communities. The impact a well-educated and trained counselor has on the development of many paths of interest will increase graduates skills to better understand those they lead and mentor in the field of criminal justice.
The Master of Arts in Human Services degree with a Criminal Justice emphasis is designed to master the understanding of human behavior in an administrative and legal setting. Students of the program will build on already-laid foundations of leadership and management techniques by developing the relevant leadership and counseling skills needed for achieving goals within the fields of management and administration in criminal justice organizations. The 30-credit-hour program uses the core courses from the Counseling and Family Studies curriculum, teaching topics of psychology, communications and group dynamics while adding the critical criminal justice concentrations in areas of integrating faith into the criminal justice field, the management of Human Resources and development personnel and evaluating current trends in the criminal justice services.
Students should be advised that completion of the Masters in Arts in Human Services does not guarantee professional counseling licensure, state and local regulations vary, and it is the student’s responsibility to be aware of individual requirements.
Upon successful completion of the M.A. with a concentration in Criminal Justice program, graduates may seek to maintain, or excel in, current positions in government and non-profit organizations or use the education to enter new career avenues. The Human Services coursework is designed to give students a comprehensive understanding of the important role faith plays in issues commonly found in a professional work environment.
The Master of Arts in Human Services program consists of multiple other concentrations in addition to the Criminal Justice cognate, each of which may suit a student’s educational and career ambitions. Liberty University offers Master of Arts in Human Services with concentrations in: Christian Ministry, Business, Communication Studies, Executive Leadership, Health & Wellness, Marriage & Family and Organizational Studies. Students seeking to further expand on insights in the counseling fields are encouraged to look into the varying degrees within the Human Services program.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.