Master of Arts in Global Studies
Liberty University's Baptist Theological Seminary offers an online Master of Arts in Global Studies degree that is designed for graduates serving in cross-cultural ministry positions. The degree emphasis can be in ministry positions within the student's own country or in other communities around the world. The courses provide students with the foundation for biblical and theological missions, exposure to the realities of culture, worldview and world religions, as well as the proper tools needed when offering the faithful the word of the Gospel and Scriptures.
The Masters of Arts in Global Studies combines the academic study of political, economic, social, religious and cultural relationships of the world. Liberty University uses the degree's broad and general education to excel a student's abilities when teaching the Word of God to diverse cultures across the world. The degree can also aid in the student's curiosity of political processes, impacts of globalization, international markets and communication methods. The Global Studies program incorporates transnational and local ministry trends within the curriculum to ensure a graduates comprehensive understanding when furthering the Word of God.
Graduates of the program will have the ambition to travel, learn multiple languages and perform research locally and abroad in the field of interest. The 36-credit-hour program is comprised of basic theological courses and is supplemented by several interdisciplinary options. It culminates in an internship and a thesis.
The program is well-suited for careers as cross-cultural missionaries, missions agency leaders and missions pastors. Graduates will be able to bring an added cultural awareness to new churches and be able to think globally and locally for the betterment of the community and fellowships they serve. Graduates will have the necessary skills needed to use the research and analysis of relevant topics to provide the utmost current and ethical teachings of Christ. The overall ability to communicate effectively in a range of situations will be the foundation for a successful international minister.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.