Master of Arts in Communication
A Master of Arts in Communication degree allows students to obtain the skills to effectively persuade, engage, and entertain audiences. As these skills may be useful in virtually every field, students can expect to have a wide variety of areas from which to choose their potential career. At Liberty University, those enrolled in this program will explore the different styles of communication, as well as how to use certain types of communication when working with different subjects and professional groups.
The courses involved will show students communication basics and advanced communication techniques that may be applied in leadership positions, group communication, business, critical inquiry, and training and development. Some communication may be physical, such as print, while others are more complex, such as broadcast, internet, or spoken. Successful completion of this degree signifies a student’s ability to apply taught principles in differing situations with a positive outcome.
Upon graduating with this degree, students should possess advanced research and presenting skills, understand how to write effectively for multiple audiences, and be able to interact with a diverse population of professionals. Those with this degree may be interested in careers such as public relations managers, communications directors, editors, advertising sales, human resources, personnel specialist, or business development officer.
Some of the courses in which students may participate in this program include Communication Theory, Media Relations, and Leadership Communication. Students may also find interest in certain concentrations of communication, in areas such as digital, public and media relations, political, corporate, health, non-profit, or applied research.
Degree Level: Master
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.