Master of Arts in Christian Ministry / Worship
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts degree in Christian Ministries with a specialization in Worship for students who are preparing for responsibilities in the ministry and have an interest in prayer guidance and communication through prayer. Students will learn about the theological, historical, and practical understanding of worship and renewal and how prayer is used to improve the spiritual well-being of individuals or congregations. Students will learn about the historical roots of prayers and methods for communicating the meaning of prayer to others.
This program focuses on the messages of the church and how other fields can be influenced by the messages of the Bible. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics, History of Christianity, History of Baptists, Discipleship Ministries, Spiritual Formation, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Preparation of the Sermon, Theology of Pastoral Ministry, New Testament Orientation, History and Philosophy of Worship, Biblical Foundations of Worship, The Role of the Worship Leader, Principles of Leadership, and Current Issues in Worship.
Students will have demonstrated the necessary qualifications to act as ministers and to lead and guide others through prayer. These qualifications include the ability to demonstrate a professional level of proficiency in the content, theory, and practice of ministry; to demonstrate holistic formation with emphasis on Christ-like character and spiritual vitality; to demonstrate competencies in biblical literacy and interpretation, the history of Christianity, and theological reflections from a renewal perspective; to demonstrate Christ-centered leadership in education, training, and development of communities in which they serve; and to demonstrate a balanced understanding, practice, and participation in diverse contemporary contexts of life.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
3. Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
4. Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
5. Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
6. Submit a pastoral recommendation.
7. Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
8. Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.