Master of Arts in Christian Ministry / Pastoral Ministries
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts degree in Christian Ministry with a specialization in Pastoral Ministries for individuals who want to take on roles and responsibilities of ministerial leadership as part of their commitment to serving the church and others. Through the program, students will learn about the biblical principles of pastoral ministry and the roles of the ministry, including the role of pastor, the responsibilities of pastoral theology, developing leadership styles, ministerial ethics, and legal, business, and financial responsibilities in the ministry.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the development of leadership ability and knowledge of the Bible and its lessons on leadership. Classes include Survey of the History of Christianity, Discipleships Ministries, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Biblical Foundations of Leadership, New Testament Introduction, Old Testament Introduction, Introduction to Seminary Studies, Survey of Theology, Strategic Prayer and Spiritual Warfare, Theology of Pastoral Ministry, and Introduction to Pastoral Counseling.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated the necessary spiritual qualifications and education for roles in leadership of church and ministerial organizations. These qualifications include a foundational knowledge of the Bible, which is intended to help the graduate apply biblical truth to contemporary and cultural issues; to demonstrate a competency in general education in order to become a more well-rounded individual and professional; to demonstrate the skills necessary for effective oral, written, and visual communication, including the basic use of communications technology; and to demonstrate the leadership ability and professionalism appropriate for their roles in society.
Delivery Format:100% Online
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
3. Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
4. Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
5. Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
6. Submit a pastoral recommendation.
7. Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
8. Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Liberty University does not engage in unlawful discrimination or harassment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, disability or military veteran status in its educational programs and activities. Liberty University maintains its Christian character and reserves its right to discriminate on the basis of religion to the extent that applicable law respects its right to act in furtherance of its religious objectives. The following persons have been designated to coordinate Liberty University’s compliance with certain anti-discrimination laws: Coordinator of LU Online Disability Academic Support at (434) 592-5417 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Director of Disability Academic Support (Residential) at (434) 582-2159 or email@example.com; Title IX Coordinator at (434) 582-8948 or TitleIX@liberty.edu.