Master of Arts in Christian Ministry / Homiletics
Liberty University offers a Master of Arts degree in Christian Ministry with a specialization in Homiletics for individuals who want to take on roles of spreading the message of the Bible through preaching and sermons. Through the program, students will develop biblical leadership abilities and ministry methods as they explore homiletics to further various styles of preaching. Areas of study include the preaching of evangelism, and the teaching of the old and new testaments for the purpose of developing their leadership and preaching style.
The program consists of courses that emphasize the development of pastoral leadership and ability to preach and development of preaching styles. Classes consist of Survey of the History of Christianity, Discipleships Ministries, Contemporary Evangelism, Global Studies Survey, Biblical Foundations of Leadership, New Testament Introduction, Old Testament Introduction, Introduction to Seminary Studies, Survey of Theology, Preparation of the Sermon, Expository Preaching, and Hermeneutics.
Students will demonstrate the ability to represent themselves as educated professionals from completion of the courses and by meeting the qualifications that come with graduation. These qualifications include demonstrating a foundational knowledge of the Bible; to demonstrate a competency in biblical education in order to become a more well-versed leader and professional; to demonstrate the skills necessary for effective oral, written, and visual communication, including the basic use of communications technology; and to demonstrate the leadership ability and professionalism appropriate for roles in ministry.
Delivery Format:100% Online
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
3. Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes.
4. Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
5. Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
6. Submit a pastoral recommendation.
7. Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address and login ID and type the Liberty password. Once students have logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
8. Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.