Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Marriage and Family Studies, 100% online program, is offered through the James C. Dobson Center for Child Development, Marriage, and Family Studies. The program’s curriculum features lectures and material from world-renowned psychologist, author, radio host, and family expert Dr. James C. Dobson. The goal of the program is to equip men and women with knowledge to positively impact the family and society.
Courses will evaluate and cover a variety of topics including:
- Discipline strategies to raise healthy kids.
- Issues and strategies counseling children and adolescents.
- Marriage and family systems.
Potential Career Fields
- Church Counselor
- Non-licensed Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Military Chaplain
- A 2.0 GPA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pastoral Recommendation
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
School Accreditation Statement
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.