Graduate Certificate Worship Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Worship Studies program aims to strengthen the student’s knowledge and expertise needed for worship leadership positions within modern churches. Within the program’s courses, students will begin a focused study of the Bible’s text to develop their biblical and theological understanding. The program is designed to cover additional topics such as biblical history, worship foundations and philosophy. All of the program’s courses are taught from a biblical perspective and may be completed entirely online.
To earn the certificate, students must complete 12 credit hours within four courses. Three of the program’s four designated courses are History & Philosophy of Worship (WRSP 502), Biblical Foundations of Worship (WRSP 510), and The Role of the Worship Leader (WRSP 520).
The program provides students instruction within a variety of subjects related to the field of worship studies. Specific course topics include worship principles found in the New Testament, lives of biblical characters, roles of worship leaders, and modern trends of worship. Students will also have the opportunity to evaluate how worship practices have changed throughout history’s great movements such as the Great Awakenings, Reformation, and Jesus Movement. The program will provide an emphasis on worship topics such as intercultural worship issues, different techniques used during worship, and contemporary evangelism.
Students must complete all of the designated courses through Liberty University. Any course letter grade of “D” or lower will not be applied towards the fulfillment of degree requirements. Liberty University also provides program students with a variety of academic resources such as the online library, the Online Writing Center, and academic advisors.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.