Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
Liberty University offers a Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies program that may be completed entirely online. The program is designed to strengthen the knowledge required for Christian ministry careers in a variety of church settings. The program’s courses will cover topics such as the nature of God, Christian doctrines, and Scripture. Liberty University also allows students to apply the certificate’s credit towards the completion of a Master of Divinity with a cognate in Theology degree.
To earn the certificate, students must complete three courses. Each course is worth three credit hours. The three required courses are New Testament Introduction (NBST 510), Old Testament Introduction (OBST 510) and Survey of Theology (THEO 510). The cost of tuition for each part-time credit hour was $320 for the 2013-2014 academic year. Students that have enrolled in the program also have the opportunity to pay one block rate of $2350.
The program’s courses will cover a variety of subjects related to bible study and theology. Within NBST 510, students will have instruction on topics such as the textural criticisms, archeological perspectives, and canonicity of the New Testament. The OBST 510 course is designed to be split into two portions. The first portion will provide students a strong introduction of the Old Testament while also providing an opportunity to evaluate it’s text and canon. The second portion of OBST 510 is designed to study specific books of the Old Testament. The THEO 510 course will cover a variety of theology disciplines such as biblical, modern, and historical theology.
Students must complete all of the courses through Liberty University. The program also requires students to finish with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.