Graduate Certificate in School Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in School Leadership program at Liberty University is designed to strengthen student’s leadership expertise within a variety of educational settings. The program will cover topics such as community relations, leadership techniques, and educational diversity. The program also uses both moral and Christian views to deliver the essential education and to help build responsible decision-making skills. Upon graduation, students may find careers within environments such as Christian, private or public schools.
Students will take three required courses to successfully complete the graduate certificate program. The three designated courses are Leadership & Supervision in Education, Contemporary Issues in Educational Policy, and School Leadership in Diverse Settings. Each course is worth three credits. During the 2013-2014 academic school year, the price of tuition for each full-time credit was $490.
Each course within the program should provide instruction within a number of different course subjects. Students will begin to analyze the methods, theories, and contemporary research related to the leadership of curriculum directors, department heads and special supervisors. Specific course topics include supervisory methods, effective staff use, effects of supervision, and educational program assessment. In addition, students will learn the current trends of education and how school processes have been affected by district, state and federal policies. The courses may also provide students the opportunity to evaluate leadership methods within diverse urban, alternative and online schools.
To earn the certificate, the program requires that all students complete the designated courses through Liberty University. Each course must not have a grade of “D” or lower. Students will also have a maximum of three years to complete the certificate after enrollment. Liberty University provides students access to it’s academic advisors, online library and the Online Writing Center.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.