Graduate Certificate in Preschool
The Graduate Certificate in Preschool program at Liberty University will help strengthen the student’s knowledge of childhood development and behavior. Students within the program will be taught how to instruct children utilizing Christian perspectives. The program’s curriculum will also provide opportunities to evaluate Christian instructional theory and methodology within early childhood educational programs. Upon graduation, students may find careers assisting within settings like churches, Christian schools, and homes.
Students will complete a total of three required courses; each course is a total of three credits. The program’s three courses are Advanced Child Development, Current Issues in Early Childhood Education, Curriculum & Methods for Early Childhood. Each full-time credit costed the student $490 during the 2013-2014 academic year. All of the program’s courses may be completed online.
The program’s courses are designed to provide instruction within a number of different childhood education topics. Students will begin to analyze the physical, mental, and spiritual development of young children to offer better guidance and instruction. Students should also enhance their understanding of the modern instructional standards and issues regarding the early childhood educational field. Specifically, courses will cover topics such as curriculum organization, effects of learning environments on children, and educational programs designed for individuals. Students will study how to customize a curriculum’s design for the various maturity levels within a classroom.
The program provides graduate certificate students academic resources such as the online library, academic advisors, and Online Writing Center. Students are required to complete all of the courses through Liberty University with no grade of “D” or lower.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.