Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling
Liberty University’s Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling curriculum is designed to strengthen the student’s biblical counseling fundamentals and techniques. Students within the program may also enhance their expertise with discussion facilitation and biblical instruction. Upon completion of the program, students may find careers as a non-professional counselor within a ministry or church.
Students must complete the three designated courses for a total of nine credits. The three courses are Introduction to Pastoral Counseling, Integration of Psychology & Theology, and Theology & Spirituality in Counseling. Students have the option of completing the program entirely online; however, each course also offers a residential format for those seeking a more traditional education.
The cost of tuition for each part-time credit during the 2013-2014 academic year was $320. Students that are enrolled in 9-15 credits at Liberty University may also choose to pay a fixed amount of $2350.
The program’s courses should prepare students for counseling evangelical Christians. Throughout the curriculum, students will have instruction on topics such as Christian doctrines, theological perspectives, and behavioral approaches. Students will begin to evaluate and compare how psychology and theology relate to one another. In addition, the program will provide the opportunity to analyze modern counseling theories from well known Christian counselors.
While enrolled in the graduate certificate program, students will have access to many of Liberty University’s academic resources. Students may use the online library, academic advisors, and Online Writing Center. Liberty Online Communities will also be available for student’s that have interest in watching Convocation and Campus Church Events, are looking for spiritual encouragement, or would like to converse will fellow students.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.