Graduate Certificate in Outdoor Adventure Sport
Liberty University’s Graduate Certificate in Outdoor and Adventure Sport program is designed to strengthen the student’s real-world skills and prepare them for outdoor adventure leadership. Students should enhance the necessary ethical, leadership and management expertise that is required for many careers within the outdoor recreation field. The program’s curriculum is delivered using both biblical and moral standpoints. The program’s credit may also be transferred to the Master in Science in Sport Management Degree with a Outdoor Adventure cognate at Liberty University.
The graduate certificate’s three required courses are Foundations of Outdoor Adventure Sport, Outdoor Adventure Programming, and Leadership & Admin. of Outdoor Adventure Sport. Each course within the program is worth three credits. All of the program’s courses may be completed online; however, two of the program’s courses also offer a residential format. The cost of tuition for each full-time credit hour during the 2013-2014 academic year was $490.
Students will have opportunities to study, discuss and analyze a number of different topics within the outdoor recreation field. Courses will cover topics such as the philosophy, ecology, design, history and trends of outdoor programs. Throughout the program, the curriculum will also build the students understanding of the design, development and implementation processes of outdoor adventure programs. In addition, the program’s courses should provide students the opportunity to evaluate the modern challenges of recreation delivery system management, trends of outdoor recreation public policy, and the status of eco-tourism in today’s world.
Liberty University provides graduate certificate students access to a number of different academic resources. Students may use the online library, Liberty Online Communities, academic advisors, and Online Writing Center.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.